Saturday, March 15, 2008

Family

Our spring break just started, and many of my classmates have gone home to see their families. I was almost dismissive of this idea, as I felt that I wanted to visit friends, see places, do newer more interesting things while I had the chance. Last night, I was thinking about where I'd like to go during the week, and realized how little chance I have to be at home anymore. I've never been a very good daughter, only calling home every few months, getting annoyed at my mom for disturbing my work even though she only calls once every few weeks and only for a few minutes, planning to do everything except go home. This summer,  I will have almost no extra time to visit family, but it had been reasonable to me.

But last night, I decided that I need to see my family. So I switched the airplane ticket from May to a ticket 2 days from now. It's going to be a surprise. I changed my dad's airline email account so he wouldn't get the confirmation email. I'll just take a passenger shuttle home. I think it's a good plan, and the thought of this surprise is making me happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo.. that sounds like a great idea. how was your spring break?

and don't you hate these spammers who advertise their blogs in your comments??

Anonymous said...

Please visit us whenever you can. We all miss you very much! LS

Anonymous said...

No more blogging? Aunt LS