Monday, March 28, 2016

Fast Forward to Life After MD/PhD in 2016

Lately I've been reading medicine blogs, science blogs, and even blogs about blogs. However, a quick search of MD/PhD blogs shows that most of them fall by the wayside at some point during the blogger's career. Hopefully some people will prove me wrong and connect with me here!

Source: Pixabay
Blogging had fallen so far on the wayside for me that I had no recollection of my own blog until I found it through SDN via Google search (previously at sunshinydianmond.blogspot.com). It tickled me to read my own entry from June 18, 2007, two weeks before I even started the MD/PhD program, where I chronicled the important decisions for the next 8 years of my life. In an attempt to revive this blog, here is an update on my life since then and the answers to those questions:

1. Graduate school (multiple Ph.D. programs available at MIT and Harvard) 
   - Biological Biomedical Sciences at Harvard Medical School
2. Lab mentors x 3  
   - After multiple rotations, I worked with Bill Hahn at Dana Farber / Broad Institute
3. Some new friends x many  
   - I'd say so!
4. A thesis topic  
   - Done and done 2013!
5. A boyfriend  
   - Now husband as of 2015!
6. A medical specialty  
   - Pediatric Neurology, currently in PL1 year of 5
7. A research specialization  
   - Still in the works, but I'm thinking about topics in human genetics in neurology

8. What I will do with the rest of my life after I graduate?
Good thing I don't have it all figured out yet. Or else what would I do with the rest of my life?

No comments: